Wednesday, November 25, 2009

November 25, 2009??

Okay so because of my lack for a better title, I put the date. Today, a whirlwind of crappy things happened but, one must hold his/ her head high for it could be far worse.

Oh! In the midst of all the drama, I managed to exercise my typography skills by following this tutorial: http://puteraaladin.blogspot.com/2008/11/cool-typhography-design-in-gimp.html

I used GiMP for this wonderful exercise. For those who don't know, GiMP is a photoshop-like program just with out the really really cool things you get with photoshop. And it's Free. Did I say FREE?

So without further ado, here it is:



Oh, the tutorial, if you decided to read it and try it for yourself, it uses two different types of gradients. I used neither of them. Instead, I used the 'Golden' Gradient. Once you tried the original gradients, try using one of your own! And as for the paper texture, I used another one of those as well.

I hope you enjoy it and now, it is time for me to signout. Getting late. Haha.

Carter.

No comments:

Post a Comment